Access to Hiroshima University
Detailed information of access to Hiroshima University is here.
By Shinkansen, get off at Hiroshima Sta. or Higashi-Hiroshima Sta.(minor station)
From Hiroshima Sta.,
- You need to take a local train to Saijo Sta. ( “Train Route Finder” by Jordan co. ltd. )
- From Saijo Sta., you need to take a bus. The timetable is here (only Japanese version is available.)
- The 1st column on the left timetable shows the departure times of bus from Saijo Sta. The bus-stop number is 3. Please get off at Hirodai-Nishiguchi (広大西口). The arrival time is in the 4th column.
- From Hirodai-Nishiguchi (広大西口), please see the campus map.
From Higashi-Hiroshima Sta.,
- You need to take a bus. The timetable is here (only Japanese version is available.)
- The timetable is in the right part and the second from the top, “東広島駅–広島大学線”. The 1st column shows the departure times of bus from Higashi-Hiroshima Sta. Please get off at Hirodai-Nishiguchi (広大西口). The time schedule is not shown in the time table, but somewhere between the 5th and the 6th columns. Unfortunately, the bus does not run frequently.
- From Hirodai-Nishiguchi (広大西口), plase see the campus map.
Suggested places and foods in Hiroshima and Higashi-Hiroshima
- Saijo is famous for several Japanese Sake Wineries .
- Hiroshima city has two World Heritages. My favorite one is Itsukushima-shrine and Miyajima.
- Kure city has Kure maritime museum (Yamato museum) may be of interest. Kure is 40minutes-train distance from Hiroshima city or one-hour train distance from Saijo ).
Other places in Saijo
- State-supported provincial temples (originally built over 1200 years ago).
- Hiroshima University Campus has many remains from the Paleolithic era.
Foods and drinks
- Anago-meshi at Ueno (Japanese only, click drawings for pictures.) near the boat terminal to Miyajima. Map (Japanese only)
- Bishu-nabe (Hot Pod using Japanese Sake) in Saijo
- Oyster in everywhere in Hiroshima area
- Okonomiyaki, a soul food for Hiroshima people.
- Japanese Sake, in Saijo as well as other cities in Hiroshima.